Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Show [Must Go On]

It's getting late on the eve of my departure; I've just finished packing, organizing, and prioritizing. I've used every cubic inch of the hiking pack I'm bringing - it's stuffed to the gills. I think I'm ready to go.

Tomorrow, I'll wake up and head to the nearest regional rail station at 10:30 AM. I'm going to take that train to the 30th Street Station in Philadelphia, where I will catch a 12:15 train to New York City's Penn Station. I will reach John F. Kennedy Airport after a complicated stint on the subway system in the city - I don't have the details just yet, but I'm working on it. I hope to be at the airport by 3:00 and at my gate by 4:00 PM. My flight leaves for Europe at 6. Scary, huh?

I'm too nervous to be excited right now. I really want tomorrow to go smoothly. Once I'm on that final train to JFK, then I'll be able to relax and actually look forward to this trip. And it's at that point that I'll actually sit down and start to formulate a concrete plan for the first day or two in Paris.

This is probably my last post from this side of the Atlantic. How crazy is that? I hope I can keep updating regularly over the next few weeks. Take care of yourselves, everyone. I'll miss you and I'll see you when I get back!

1 Comments:

Blogger seanh said...

I had no idea you were doing this. Have a super-duper time, and watch out for snakes.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home